Saturday, November 22, 2008

Skin Care

Have you ever been "suckered in" by a salesperson? There is nothing better than a good salesperson... as long as that person is someone of integrity who has a sincere desire to help you get something you want. As with most "older" women, I am concerned with the lines and wrinkles that are showing up on my skin and I would like to use natural treatments and products to help minimize them as much as possible. Just because I am getting older doesn't mean I no longer want to be as beautiful as I can... to a certain degree anyway... as I am currently too fearful of having surgery.

A couple of weeks ago I had some errands to run at our local mall. I managed to get past the first booth of skin care products by rushing past and saying "no" to the plea to try a new hand cream.

At the other end of the mall, I noticed a chair massage site set up in the middle of the concourse. My shoulder had been bothering me and when I saw that you could get a 10-minute massage for $12, I had to stop. It was a good massage and it was quick. However, as I was leaving and not paying attention, a salesman at the skincare booth near the massage pad starting asking me about my massage experience, and, because Southern women are "polite," I visited with him and then he had me on a stool so he could show me his new skin care products.


He was trying this product and that product and then showing me the results in a mirror telling me that my droopy skin was firming up and my lines and wrinkles were clearing up right before his eyes. It's a great ploy! As an older woman, I couldn't believe someone was actually pointing out my sagging and lines and wrinkles, but then showing me the amazing results. Of course, I wasn't wearing my glasses and he wasn't holding up a magnifying mirror, so I just had to take his word for it that my skin was now amazing! Oh, what vain fools we can be. :)

After I got home with my purchases, because I had spent so much money, I decided that I had better not put these products on the shelf with the many others I have bought over the years, so I read and reread the directions and made myself a chart as to which product to use when. That salesman had talked me into buying THREE different masks, so I had to make sure I knew when I was going to use each one. I was somewhat excited because I knew I would begin to look much younger.

I'm sure there is a little improvement after using this skin care regimen for the past two weeks and I will continue to use my masks, creams, serums, and lotions. However, what has really upset me is after "googling" the products, I found that I paid nearly 3 times the amount I could have gotten them for on the web. That HURTS and could almost cause some of those lines and wrinkles to come back!

No comments: